Are you worried about being “taken to court”?
Do you want to find a way through relationship breakdown that really focuses on what you think is best for you and your children?
If so, then collaborative law may be for you.
This is how it works:
1. You and your partner sign a contract to say you will not go to court;
2. You set the agenda and resolve the issues you identify at a series of meetings;
3. You are each supported and advised through each meeting and the process generally by specially trained lawyers.
The benefits can be huge including:
• Speed – issues can be decided at your pace;
• Control – you identify the issues and find your own solutions;
• Communication – by continuing to talk you can develop ways of communicating in the future for the benefit of yourself and your children
For more information free of charge please ring Chris Evans, Solicitor, at our Acomb office, our Collaborative Family Law specialist, on 01904 529000 or click here to download an information leaflet.
Feel free to discuss this approach with your partner. They will need their own collaboratively trained lawyer and can get a free consultation by downloading the voucher below. For details of participating lawyers please follow the link to yorkcfl.com.